This agenda acts as a summons to attend the:
COUNCIL MEETING TO BE HELD AT THE METHODIST CHURCH, DELL SIDE FOLD ON WEDNESDAY 8 JANUARY 2020 at 7.00pm
PLEASE NOTE NEW MEETING TIME OF 7.00PM
Fifteen minute rule – to receive questions and comments from members of the public.
1 Apologies: to note any apologies offered
2 Disclosures of interest – to receive disclosures of personal and prejudicial
interest from members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The
disclosure must include the nature of the interest. An interest must also be
disclosed in the meeting when it only becomes apparent to the member during
NB Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and
voting unless the interest is prejudicial. A personal interest is a prejudicial
interest if it is one which a member of the public, with knowledge of the relevant
facts, would reasonably regard as so significant that it is likely to prejudice the
member’s judgment of the public interest. Members must withdraw from the
meeting if the interest is a prejudicial interest unless a dispensation has been
obtained from the Standards Committee. Members are reminded that under
Members Code of Conduct they must register, within 28 Days, changes to their
financial and other interests and notify the Monitoring Officer of any gifts and
hospitality received deemed to be valued over £25.
3 MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:– To approve the minuighfield BngalowHiHii
tes of the Village Council
meeting held on 4th December 2019
MATTERS ARISING: Chicken Factory
4 CORRESPONDENCE: to discuss or note:
1) Emails from Denholme & Oxenhope councilors requesting details of the
2) Email from a resident regarding the switch on arrangements
2) Email from Bradford Metropolitan Food Band asking for assistance with funding.
5 CLERK’S REPORT:
– To receive the financial report to 8 January 2020
– To approve payments:
1) Clerk’s salary for December and payment to HMRC
2) Steve Thorpe & Son Gardening Ltd – £1,087.68
3) Youth Club – Community Grant £1,400
4) BMDC – Christmas features and lighting column mounts – £5,520.00
To note monies forwarded to Sue Ryder from the proceeds of the Christmas
“Switch on” amounting to £241.61
To approve the budget figures for 2020-21 as discussed at the budget meeting
on 16 December 2019
6 PORTFOLIO REPORTS: to discuss
- a) PLANNING
Applications to discuss:
Application: 19/04974/FUL Land west of Sandbeds Farm, Trough Lane, Denholme –
Construction of new access to farmland
Ratification of Applications submitted to Shipley
Granted: 19/04204/HOU Highfield House Farm, Bingley Road – Two storey front
- b) ENVIRONMENTAL: to discuss
1) Guard rail at crossing: to discuss email received from Craig Williams in answer to
Cllr. Martin’s letter. To note receipt of email reporting a near miss on the crossing.
2) To hear any further information regarding repairs to the flagpole.
3) To note that the War Memorial has been listed by English Heritage.
4) To note the intended retirement of the clerk and discuss the vacancy advertisement
and application pack for the post.
- c) SOCIAL: To hear a report from Cllr Ahir.
7 REPORTS FROM OTHER BODIES:
8 DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 5 February 2020
Proper Officer of the Council
Dated …… 02/01/2020